Railway tunnel de Champel, Switzerland
New double track railway Tunnel de Champel is a part of the project CEVA (Cornavin – Eaux Vives – Annemasse)
République et Canton de Genéve, SBB, Switzerland
Consortium/Joint Venture Tunnel de Champel, Route de Veyrier 55, CH-1227 Carouge
April 2014 – June 2017
Objects descriptions / Description of the objects:
LOT 25.11 Tunnel de Champel:
- Portal Val d´Arve,
- Tunnel 1, 509 m length,
- Tunnel 2, 928 m length.
- Tunnel driving is performed by mining methods.
- The tunnel is divided into stages; the length of the stages is 10 meters.
- Umbrella support system is providing protection and safety through the whole length of the tunnel.
- The tunnel is supported by steel arches, shotcrete, 20 m long fiberglass rock bolts.
- Excavation of tunnel tube, cross section 106 – 128 m2, length 1437 m.